A Remarkable BeetleIELTS Academic Reading Passage
CONTENTS: ARTHUR PHILLIP COLLEGE
A about Arthur Phillip College G learning methods
B entry requirements H course fees
C orientation for new students I study commitment
D academic counselling service J assessment and results
E credit courses to university K social activities and clubs
F assistance for international students L what’s new
Each of the short paragraphs below (1-7) gives information about Arthur Phillip College.
Read each paragraph and choose which of the linked sections of the website, A-L, would contain this information.
Write the correct letter A-L in boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet.
1. All students receive a transcript of results and relevant award documentation when they end their studies with the College.
2. On enrolment, all students receive automatic membership to the Social Club and Public Speaking Club. Students may choose to participate in any arranged activities. The College encourages and promotes interaction between students and teaching and non-teaching staff.
3. Successful completion and the achievement of an A or B result in some courses will enable students to achieve advanced standing in these subjects if they proceed to university study. For a list of the courses acceptable to a particular university, a- mail us your request with the name of the university and the course you are interested in.
4. Arthur Phillip College is one of the top business colleges in Sydney, Australia. The College offers a wide range of educational and training programs in business and related areas. Its accredited vocational training courses are designed to meet the needs of individual students and industry.
5. At Arthur Phillip College you will learn from lectures, seminars, case studies, group projects, individual assignments and class workshops. Lectures and seminars present concepts and ideas and provide for question-and-answer sessions. Students are expected to take an active role in the learning process through class participation, presentations and projects.
6. Courses at Arthur Phillip College involve an average of 25 hours per week of tuition time, with supervised group study accounting for a further 5 hours per week. At least 10 hours per week of individual study is also recommended for most courses.
7. During this program you will meet the Director of Studies, teachers and key administrative staff such as the Accommodation Officer and Student Counsellor so that, right from your first day, you will know how each of them can help you during your time at the College.
Check Your Answers After Doing Test
Questions Set 1 Answers
|1. J||5. G|
|2. K||6. I|
|3. E||7. C|
Do you want to learn more about Otter?
Academic Reading Passages
A A little over a century ago, men of the ilk of Scott, Shackleton and Mawson battled against Antarctica’s blizzards, cold and deprivation. In the name of Empire and in an age of heroic deeds they created an image of Antarctica that was to last well into the 20th...
A In 1977 Irene Pepperberg, a recent graduate of Harvard University did something very bold. At a time when animals still were considered automatons, she set out to find what was on another creature’s mind by talking to it. She brought a one-year-old African gray...
A new exhibition celebrates Palladio’s architecture 500 years on A Vicenza is a pleasant, prosperous city in the Veneto, 60km west of Venice. Its grand families settled and farmed the area from the 16th century. But its principal claim to fame is Andrea Palladio, who...
The control of fire was the first and perhaps greatest of humanity’s steps towards a life-enhancing technology. To early man, fire was a divine gift randomly delivered in the form of lightning, forest fire or burning lava. Unable to make flame for themselves, the...
Some songs just won't leave you alone. But this may give us clues about how our brain works A Everyone knows the situation where you can't get a song out of your head. You hear a pop song on the radio - or even just read the song's title and it haunts you for hours,...
IELTS Academic Reading - Band Score Description and Calculation The IELTS Academic Reading test is graded on a band scale of 0 to 9, with 9 being the highest score possible. Each band score corresponds to a level of proficiency in English. The following is a general...
IELTS Academic Reading FAQs What types of texts will I encounter on the IELTS Reading test? You may encounter a range of text types, including academic articles, reports, newspaper articles, and advertisements. The texts will cover a range of topics, from science and...
IELTS Reading - Improve Vocabulary and Grammar Skills To improve your vocabulary and grammar skills for the IELTS Reading test, here are some tips: Read extensively: Reading extensively is one of the best ways to improve your vocabulary and grammar skills. Read a...